Results of the year 2017:
- The exhibition «Until the World is Gone” was held in Venice. I’m grateful to Vitaly Patsyukov, Maria Cher, CrisTina Gatti, Marco Agostinelli and many friends of participants, and organizers for their support and help.
- A single picket entitled “De Pichetto Solidario”, a part of the art session, we are running with Katia Bochavar, was held in Venice. We acted as anti-curators and the picket attracted many great artists, who left their messages to the world in the form of art performances. Unfortunately, the artist Tatyana Altapova was detained by the carabinieri and got issued a huge fine. But all of us are sending our support to Tanya. Her performance was one of the most vivid and remarkable.
- With the help of the curator of the festival Katya Bochavar I took part in the Alanika Symposium, as the co-curator of the exhibition “The Inner Manifest” held in Vladikavkaz.
- In November the Singular Symposium was launched. Among the participants were self-organized art groups – the so-called “Natasha Timofeeva and Wika Malkova group” and “Koala Pl’ushevaya group”. Katya Bochavar was also invisibly present. It must be said that during the work of the Singular Symposium the Liquid State of the Nega was founded. This is the most important event of 2017!
- In the summer and autumn 2017 I was blessed to open two solo exhibitions – “The Forbidden Place” at the Electrozavod and “The Quiet Exhibition” in Zverevsky Center. They were two very important exhibitions to me, touching upon my deepest states and internal contradictions. I’m grateful to the curators and organizers Kolya Onischenko, Dima Filippov, Alexey Sosna and many friends who took part in these projects. Thanks to Alexey Mokrousov for his splendid article! Thanks to Maria Moskvicheva for her article about “The Silent Exhibition”! Thanks to all my friends!
- I would like to say words of gratitude to Elena Gubanova and Anna Franz for the invitation to the anniversary “Cyberfest 10”. Interactive installation titled “Oratorio of Combucha tea mushroom “Fairy rings” laid a disctance between Mikhailovsky and a plaster six-meter shepherdess and brought very unique and indispensable biological liveliness in opposition to the mourning installation of Irina Nakhova, located at the other end of the exhibition hall of the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts.
I’m grateful to Dmitry Pilikin and Albina Motor for the invitation to the “Waterfront” exhibition, where I got the opportunity to develop the idea, initiated by the exhibition. The idea is “until there is no word”, and I created a five-meter sculpture titled “The ripples on the water”, which laid the ground work for the future, since the idea is to create 6 more sculptures.
The personal exhibition of “Alfa, Beta Paradise” came to being after receiving the invitation to open it in the legendary space of the KISI Tipographia (Krasnodar Institute of Modern Arts). I would like to express my special gratitude to the art-group ZIP and congratulate them upon the Kandinsky Prize. ZIP-ZIP! HOORAY! Eldar Ganeev, Stepan Subbotin, Vasili Subbotin, Evgeny Rimkevich are their names. Big thanks to Valeria and Julia Kazas for an unforgettable trip to the seaside.
The happening “Children of geniuses camping” took place at at the famous festival “Archstoyanie” – thanks to the curators Anton Kochurkin and Julia Bychkova who invited me there. Thank you for taking this risk! After all, no one knew if gown up and sober people would want to fill barrels with their bodies, representing the ideas of crowdedness and discomfort.
- Thanks to Kseny Podoinitsyn for the opportunity to realize my ideas at the Gallery 21. I’m also glad that this year the exhibition titled “Until a word disappears” moved to its new permanent location in the amazing park of Etretat in Normandy.
- This year I took part in the First Eurasian Sculptural Biennale in Astana within EXPO 2017. The installation of The Seed was awarded with a prize and I am grateful to the curators, organizers and the jury. Thanks to Eduard Kazaryan, Asya Khasanova and Yana Malinovskaya.
- This year I published a poetic zin “August”. It is my most lyrical anthology. I want to express my gratitude to micro-publishing company Zerno +++ and the publisher Lena Zaikina for this amazing job!
- “Longing for the sky”. The exhibition made by the curators Katya Sisfontets and Andrei Prigov, was included in the parallel program of the Moscow Biennale. Exclusively for this wonderful exhibition, I came up with an idea that has a potential to develop into something bigger. Thanks to Katya, Andrey, Zina Chaplina and all the participants of the crowdfunding campaign and the Planet.
- Another important project, which also was included in the parallel program of the Moscow Biennale, where I was lucky to take part, is the April and September exhibitions “My First Lenin”. They were initiated by Oleg Koshelets and Sergey Chernov. Thank you guys that you did not pass by the 100th anniversary of October and did something important for contemporary art!
- In April 2017 Katya Bochavar and I launched the exhibition titled “The Inner Manifest”, in which 12 artists took part. They made a very cool exhibition in the Hodynka Ground. I am proud that I also took part in this most significant and brightest exhibition of this year. Thanks to all artists for accepting the invitation.
- In the summer as a member of a group led by Natasha Timofeeva and Vika Malkova, I took part in the intervention “Bastille Day”. The main features of such strange excursions are ambivalence and fragility. It seems to me, however, nowhere but in such events do we seize the polymeric material of the present.
- In March 2017 Vitaly Patsyukov and Nastya Kozachenko-Stravinskaya invited me to a elitist exhibition dedicated to Sergei Prokofiev. The exhibition took place in the Prokofiev House Museum in Kamergersky pereulok. For the first time I presented the installation “The Chess of Sergey Prokofiev” that was created by me and the artist and composer Nikita Spiridonov. We showed this work again in August at the amusing exhibition in the Gallery of Ksenia Podoynitsyna at Vinzavod.
In fact, I was not going to list all the exhibitions in which I took part this year in order to sum up the result of this year, but my friends insisted. After all the friend exist to make our lives more complicated. Happy New Year, friends! Let’s keep it this way!
Results of 2017 (continued)
There are several more reasons to turn to this genre again.
This year in summer as a part of the international exhibition project “Street as a museum. Museum as a Street ” at all stops of Samara several great artists presented their conceptual posters on the theme “food as a social machine”. There was also my work titled “Ten irascible BADs”. I would like to send many thanks and my best wishes directly to the organizers Neli and Roman Korzhov’s to Samara! Happy New Year!
- “That very message” – the project of Elena Demidova, displayed this summer in the VZ space of Bogorodskoye, where my work titled “Applicator” was presented too. Thank you, Lena, for this serious mediapoetic research!
- “Structures” – the exhibition of the Russian Museum and the curators Irina Karasik and Vladmir Pertz. I am very grateful for the invitation and gentle attitude to my works. This exhibition paradoxically structured me as well, gave new powers. Happy New Year, the Russian Museum! Best wishes to all employees who helped me realize this complex project.
- The exhibition “Narodovlastie” (“Power to the people”) by Lisa Savolainen and Alexandra Orlova, dedicated to the February Revolution – is a unique project that contemplate the February Revolution. Thank you, Lisa and Sasha, for what you are doing.
- “Framscryptsia” – the exhibition about the real thing organized by the curator Eva Arakcheeva. As far as I remember, we met during the preparation works for thid project, and later on Koala took part in the Singular Symposium, of which I havealready reported. But I am very pleased to mention this again, as Koala not only supported the project, but became its co-curator. Happy New Year to you!
- This project was launched in December 2016 but finished in February 2017. This fact allows we to write about it here. “Cinema of Dreams” – one of the best exhibitions of the year. If I am not mistaken Kate Bochavar was awarded the Kuryokhin Prize for this exhibition (I might be mixing up the details) This exhibition was launched in the Peschanaya Ground, and then lit up in Ekaterinburg or St. Petersburg, where it achieved fame and national recognition. Yes. You can find two of my videos on this exhibition: “The Valley of roaming fires” created with Olya Kroytor and “Penetration” created with the artist with a paddle. Katya, I have not yet met a person who would work so much. I love working myself, but your abilities just fascinate me! Let me congratulate you and award with the honorary title of the Curator (anticurator) of the year 2017 from the Singular Fund of Sergei Katran.
The exhibition titled “Movement” was held on Solyanka. Rhythm. Dynamics. I did not expect anything special from the exhibition, but it turned out to be full of surprises. All of a sudden, my “Seeds” began to attract certain interest. Then Olga Sviblova appeared and claimed the author. She appraised my work generally set me up for some new heights. After that, all sorts of unthinkable proposals and awards fell on the “Seeds”. We praise the organizers – the Agency Artis, Anstasia Potanina and Olga L’vovna!
Two final exhibitions of this year are now running in my beloved Electrozavod Gallery and the in the gallery Belyaevo. The Exhibitions are different. The Christmas Exhibition in Belyaevo became possible with the invitation of Vitaly Patsyukov – a man my love, respect and trust for whom is endless.